Complementing the launch of the all-new Subaru WRX sedan, Subaru Australia is thrilled to announce a highly anticipated WRX Sportswagon will also arrive on Australian shores in Q2, 2022.
The next generation Subaru WRX not only ushers in a new era for the legendary rally-bred performance model, but it also paves the way for an addition that is set to capture the hearts and minds of Subaru enthusiasts.
A wolf in sheep’s clothing, the WRX Sportswagon cleverly combines the legendary turbocharged performance of the sedan with a touch of sophistication and an abundance of practicality.
Blair Read, General Manager Subaru Australia, said: “The WRX is a true rally-bred vehicle that has earned an iconic status over the decades, and the all-new WRX promises to deliver a thrilling experience to drivers.”
“The WRX Sportswagon offers Australians an additional version of this performance machine with enhanced practicality for everyday use.
“The WRX Sportswagon will be a model in its own right, with both the sedan and Sportswagon featuring unique specification tailored to their respective audiences.
“We’re confident the all-new WRX and WRX Sportswagon will continue to build upon the performance model’s rich heritage as it ushers in a new era of style, technology, razor sharp handling and exhilaration.”
Features of the WRX and WRX Sportswagon will include:
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive for outstanding traction and the horizontally-opposed Boxer engine for an ultra-low centre of gravity.
- Larger capacity and more powerful turbocharged 2.4-litre Boxer engine in both Sedan and Sportswagaon.
- The choice of 6-speed manual or 8-speed Subaru Performance Transmission for the sedan whilst the WRX Sportswagon will be offered exclusively with the Subaru Performance Transmission.
- The Subaru Performance Transmission features a tuned 8-speed paddle shift Sport Lineartronic®, Variable Torque Distribution and Sports Shifting Control for faster shifting and downshift blipping control.
- The renowned Subaru Global Platform (SGP), delivering benefits from increased rigidity aiding outstanding corner carving ability.
- EyeSight® Driver Assist technology is fitted as standard in models equipped with the performance focused Sport Lineartronic®.
- Drive Mode Select, an exciting new feature on select variants that allows for advanced customisation of the vehicle characteristics including electronically controlled dampers and steering, delivering an experience that can be tailored specifically to driver preferences.
- Sharp LED headlights feature Subaru’s signature C-shaped motif, with the classic hexagonal front grille and muscular styling lines prominently featuring on both the sedan and Sportswagon body styles.
- Aggressively designed 18” alloy wheels further complement the all-new exterior styling.
- 11.6” centre information display, with the highly responsive touchscreen standing proudly in the dash amidst an abundance of high quality, soft touch materials.
- Sports bucket front seats ensure the occupants are comfortable and supported during spirited driving.
The all-new 2022 WRX and WRX Sportswagon combine Subaru’s iconic raw performance with a new level of technology and sophistication. With two modernistic body styles to choose from, the new WRX heralds the new era of a legend.
Customers can register their interest for the all-new Subaru WRX and WRX Sportwagon at: https://www.subaru.com.au/around-the-corner/register-your-interest/wrx
Stay tuned for more information, including further local specification and pricing.
Overseas model shown in accompanying imagery and video.