Ruby Rose (Australian presenter and DJ) hosted a gathering of more than 200 VIPs at Simmer on the Bay. In her most exciting DJ gig to date she curated a stunning soundscape as the background to the F-TYPE’s dramatic Australian debut, set on one of Sydney’s iconic piers.
Ian Callum, Jaguar’s Director of Design, revealed the F-TYPE to the crowd that gathered on the harbour, all eager to see the new two-seater sports car. “The F-TYPE is instantly recognisable as a Jaguar,” said Ian. “It follows the ethos and design philosophy of exciting visual architecture, with beautiful lines and pure surfaces. What better place to preview the F-TYPE in Australia than against the iconic backdrop of the Sydney harbour.”
After the Simmer on the Bay event, the F-TYPE continued its global reveal journey when it was presented to media at the Australian International Motorshow on the morning of 18 October. The Australian public will have their opportunity to view the F-TYPE up close from the 19-28 October on the Jaguar stand at the show.
F-TYPE: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
The new Jaguar F-TYPE represents a return to the company’s heartland: a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on performance, agility and driver involvement. The F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years and encompasses some of the most beautiful, thrilling and desirable cars ever built.
- The F-TYPE is an all-new, two-seater, Jaguar sports car
- A front-engined, rear-wheel drive convertible, the F-TYPE is engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance
- Visually, the F-TYPE’s exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles
- The F-TYPE’s interior features a driver-focused philosophy, with engaging controls encased in dramatic architecture. Unique technical grains tailor the trim materials, further differentiating the dual-cockpit cabin
- Three models will be available – F-TYPE, F-TYPE S and the F-TYPE V8 S. They are powered respectively by Jaguar’s new 3.0-litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS
- The range-topping F-TYPE V8S will reach 60mph in 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 186mph. The 380PS V6 F-TYPE S will reach 60mph in 4.8 seconds and 171mph, the equivalent figures for the F-TYPE are 5.1 seconds and 161mph
- All engines drive through an eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ transmission, a centrally mounted SportShift selector offering full manual sequential control, as do the steering wheel-mounted paddles
- Both the S models have a limited-slip differential – the V6’s mechanical and the V8’s electronic – to maximise traction and driver reward
- The S models also have an ‘Active exhaust’ system and an optional Configurable Dynamics programme. This allows the driver to tailor a number of the dynamic features to personal taste and includes lap timer and G-meter functionality
- The F-TYPE is constructed around the fourth generation of Jaguar’s acclaimed lightweight aluminium architecture using industry-first technology
- Torsional and lateral stiffness have been prioritised to maximise handling agility. Around that rigid aluminium structure, every system – steering, brakes, powertrain – has been optimised for immediacy of response to driver inputs
- All-aluminium double wishbone front and rear suspension systems provide precise body control, with adaptive damping adding a further layer of dynamic capability