Following in the footsteps of its sibling, the third-generation Audi TT Coupe, the all-new TT Roadster has arrived in Australia. The new TT Roadster offers a fresh design and advanced technology in the all-new model, but its sporting ability really sets it apart from its predecessor – and the competition.
“The design is sophisticated and classically Audi with its convertible soft top; the virtual cockpit demonstrates our progressive technology, and now our new Roadster line-up offers an all-quattro approach – highlighting the focus on sporty dynamics and driver enjoyment,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia Pty Ltd.
“Like the Coupe, the new TT Roadster sets a benchmark in its segment for its use of progressive technology, with the Audi virtual cockpit, the outstanding ergonomics of the interior and of course, the exceptional quality of finish.
“The ability to offer our customers such a talented and distinctive drop-top sports car certainly adds to the desirability of the Audi brand. As a fast-growing premium brand, it’s important that we are able to deliver the ideal vehicle to fulfil the needs of our owners, whatever they may be,” said Mr Doyle.
The TT Roadster is powered by a 2.0 TFSI engine that is more powerful and more efficient than before. It produces 169kW and 370Nm, making it ideal for sporty drivers. Available exclusively with a six-speed dual-clutch S tronic transmission and quattro all-wheel-drive, the new TT Roadster can reach 100km/h from rest in 5.6 seconds, while returning fuel efficiency of 6.7 litres per 100km.
For exciting dynamic performance, the TT Roadster employs Audi’s ultra lightweight philosophy with its Audi Space Frame (ASF). It also benefits from a new generation of quattro all-wheel drivetrain technology, which through the use of advanced software, actively sends more drive to the rear wheels during dynamic driving.
The TT Roadster has an electric folding soft-top that weighs only 39kg. It takes just 10 seconds to open or close, and for added convenience, can be operated at speeds of up to 50km/h. It also features an electrically retractable wind deflector.
The Audi TT Roadster is on offer in Australia in two distinct model lines: Sport and S line. The very high level of standard equipment in both model lines sets new standards in this segment.
Highlights in the Sport line are:
- Innovative Audi virtual cockpit with multifunction sports steering wheel
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch, DVD player, 10GB music storage, live traffic and map updates
- 18-inch alloy wheels in a dynamic new design
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Convenience key
- Electric, heated sport seats with electric lumbar support
- Electric folding roof with electrically retractable windbreaker
- Audi parking system plus (front and rear)
- Rich Alcantara and leather trim
- Audi Drive select
- Ambient interior lighting
- Storage and luggage compartment package
In addition to the above, S line models also feature:
- S line sport interior and exterior styling
- S sport front seats in rich Alcantara and leather, with pneumatic bolsters
- 19-inch alloy wheels in a dynamic titanium contrast design
- Full LED headlights including dynamic rear indicators
- Audi sound system (5ch amplifier, total output of 155w through 9 speakers and 2 subwoofers)
- Digital radio
- Matrix LED headlights (with dynamic indicators at the front and rear), as well as a selection of sporty new alloy wheel designs up to 20 inches in diameter are also available for all models.
(Manufacturer List Pricing (MLP) – excludes dealer delivery and statutory charges)
- TT Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 169kW 6.7L/100km $81,500
- TT Coupe 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 169kW 6.7L/100km $89,000\