The simplified three-variant range will start with the considerably “up-specced” Outback All-Wheel Drive (AWD) variant that adds an impressive array of features including:
- 90% new Direct Injection 2.5 litre Boxer engine – nearly 7% more power (138 Kilowatts), 4.2% more torque (245 Newton metres).
- Best-ever Outback braked towing capacity – 2,000 kilograms
- Refined Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission – Paddleshift, with greater ratio coverage.
- 80%+ of the structural parts are improved for better driving
- Increased ratio coverage from 7.0 to 8.1 improves take-off acceleration and aids fuel efficiency
- 8-speed manual mode in every Outback
- Dual function X-MODE – Peace-of-mind on unsealed surfaces is enhanced, by offering set-and-forget throttle control in mud, snow and steep unsealed surfaces, for even more fun driving.
- High Definition 11.6″ head unit infotainment system – centralising and simplifying many controls, with vertical orientation it allows intuitive operation similar to a smartphone or tablet
- Latest generation EyeSight® Driver Assist system – with multiple new features including:
- Lane Centring Function
- Autonomous Emergency Steering
- Emergency Lane Keep Assist
- Speed Sign Recognition with Intelligent Speed Limiter
- Lane Departure Warning with steering wheel vibration
- Lane Departure Prevention
- Pre-Collision Braking System with expanded support for collision avoidance at intersections
- Subaru’s Vision Assist, featuring:
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)
- EyeSight Assist Monitor
- Passenger seat cushion airbag
- In the event of a frontal collision, this airbag is designed to push up the front section of the seat, helping to prevent forward movement of the waist. This can prevent the body from sinking below the seatbelt and improve the restraint protection performance, helping to reduce chest injuries.
- Suppressing the front passenger’s leg movement minimises contact with the instrument panel and can reduce leg injuries.
- Driver Monitoring System – Driver Focus – helping monitor and ensure attentiveness behind the wheel
- Subaru Global Platform (SGP) – The combination of the SGP and a new structural frame (full inner frame structure) provides improved occupant protection from all directions, plus significant dynamic, safety and efficiency gains, underpinning a formidable suite of new Subaru technologies.
- Largest Outback cabin to date – with key interior dimensions increased, including larger, wider-opening cargo area
- First Subaru specifically designed to withstand collision impacts under new Mobile Progressive Deformable Barrier (MPDB) testing
- Auto Stop Start with Change of Mind Control – fine tuned to restart within 0.2 of a second
- Durable and stylish exterior cladding
Outback AWD will be priced from $39,990 Manufacturer’s List Price *.
Blair Read, Subaru Australia General Manager, said: “Based on customer feedback, we’ve made a conscious decision to take Outback considerably up market, confirming its status as the flagship in the Subaru range.
“The aggressive rugged design, along with the suite of luxury features, technology, infotainment and safety inherent in every Outback will only add to its rock-solid reputation for value and whole-of-life costs.”
The new mid-range Outback AWD Sport adds multiple features to Outback AWD specification, including:
- Water repellent sports seat trim
- Heated front seats
- Heated rear outboard seats
- Front View Monitor (FVM)
- Side View Monitor (SVM)
- Black exterior highlights (exclusive to the Sport AWD variant)
- Handsfree powered tailgate with memory height function
- Roof rails with green highlights
- Satellite navigation
- Dark metallic finish for alloy wheels
The range-topping Outback AWD Touring builds further on Outback AWD Sport specification, including:
- 9 Harman Kardon® speakers, subwoofer and amplifier; CD player located in centre console box
- Nappa leather accented seat trim
- Electric sunroof
- Heated steering wheel
- Silver roof rails, with integrated stowable cross bars
- Gloss finish for alloy wheels
Full Australian specifications will be released closer to the March 2021 on-sale.
OUTBACK MY21 PRICING*
|OUTBACK MY21 MANUFACTURER’S LIST PRICE*|
|Outback AWD Sport||$44,490|
|Outback AWD Touring||$47,790|
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorized Subaru dealer.