Subaru Forester Sport is good but not a hot version unfortunately. Subaru Forester Sport adds a heap of style enhancements as well as better towing ability, but the turbo version remains on the wish list.
Forester 2.5i Sport gets the orange highlight treatment amongst its added features with:
- 18″ alloy wheels (dark metallic finish)
- LED front fog lights, with black coloured surround
- Black coloured front grille surround and rear garnish
- Front, side and rear under guards with orange highlight
- Roof rails with orange inserts
- Exterior Sport badging
- Electric sunroof
Inside continues the orange treatment with:
- Water repellent grey cloth trim with orange stitching
- Orange highlights –air vents, shift panel
- An LED rear internal light and cargo area.
Forester 2.5i Sport AWD is the only Forester variant available in Dark Blue.
Forester Sport and all non-hybrid Foresters can now tow 1800kg making it even more appealing for the adventurous buyers.
Forester 2.5i Sport AWD is priced from $41,990, plus the usual costs and is actually pretty good value.
Im Rob Fraser
- AWD capability
- Towing ability
- Ride, handling and safety
What’s Not So Good?
- No turbo engine options
- Lack of additional lumbar support
- No head up display
Also look at;
- Toyota RAV 4 Edge
- KIA Sportage
- Hyundai Tucson
- Nissan X Trail
- Mazda CX-5
- Citroen C5 Aircross
- SKODA Karoq
Model: Forester Sport
- Model Price: $41,990 MLP*
- Engine: 2.5i horizontally opposed boxer 4 Cylinder.
- Drivetrain: seven speed manual mode Lineartronic™ CVT
- Power: 136 kW @ 5,800 rpm
- Torque: 239 Nm @ 4,400 rpm
- Safety: Five star ANCAP
- CO2 Emissions: 168 g/km
- Economy: 7.4 L/100km (ADR comb)
- Tow Capacity: Max 1800 kg
- Tow Ball Rating: 180 kg
- Servicing: Capped Price 12 Months/12,500KM
- Warranty: 5yr/ unlimited km with full roadside assist
*MLP – Manufacturers List Price includes GST and LCT but excluding statutory charges, dealer costs and dealer delivery. See your dealer for RDAP. Does not include price of any options.
Overall Rating 84/100
- Behind the Wheel 9
- Comfort 9
- Equipment 9
- Performance 8
- Ride & Handling 9
- Practicality 9
- Fit for Purpose 9
- Towing Ability 7
- Off Road Ability 7
- Value for Money 8
Motoring Minutes are heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network. Motoring Minute has an average daily audience of over 150,000 listeners. Motoring Minute is also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program, which is broadcast through the Community Radio Network across Australia and has a weekly audience of over 450,000.