Overdrive: Tesla outsells Mercedes; End of Traffic lights; Is Kia Warranty good?; Monkey drives bus
Hello and welcome to Overdrive, a program about cars and transport
I’m David Brown
And in this program, we look at news stories including:
- Who Needs German Engineering? Tesla Outsells Mercedes-Benz For The First Time—And Has a Plan to Pass BMW Too
- The end of traffic lights? Ford explores non-stop journeys with connected cars
- Israel plans to end internal combustion car sales by 2030
- Free travel expanded for homeless and disadvantaged Victorians
- Audi fined for diesel violations
- Chrysler ceases operating in New Zealand, promises to keep on with Australia
We have a few reflections on Kia’s seven-year warranty – Its only be around for 4 years but what has been the impact.
We continue extracts from an interview with Dr Max Lay about the history of transport.
And Brian Smith, Errol Smith and I cast a gleeful eye over the unusual motoring stories including a monkey driving a bus and a couple get married at 70 mph.
You can find more information at drivenmedia.com.au or you can podcast previous programs on I-tunes.
Originally broadcast 20 October 2018.