Mazda MX-5 (Miata) 30th Anniversary Edition sold out within nano-seconds of becoming available. There were only 3,000 MX 5 (Miata) 30th made and only of those for 30 in Australia.
10 cars were sold to Victorians, 9 in NSW, 4 for QLD, 3 in the ACT, 2 down in South Australia. The last went to a lucky owner in the Apple Isle.
MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition is based on the manual 2.0L Roadster GT.
It adds Rays ZE40 RS30 forged alloy wheels, Racing Orange painted Brembo front calipers, and rear Nissin calipers. There is a special anniversary badge as a final touch.
The cabin has more orange. There is orange piping and stitching on Recaro seats, steering wheel, shift lever, dash and doora. There is Alcantra trim on the seats, doors, and dash.
Mazdas finally have standard Apple CarPlay/Android Auto throughout the range.
With 50:50 weight distribution, handling is sharp. Steering is precise, with ride. Storage is snug in the cabin, with a few secret cubby holes taking the place of a glove box. The boot is big enough for several large duffles.
- SKYACTIV-G 2.0 135kW, 205Nm, red line at 7,500rpm (30th Anniversary Edition)
- SKYACTIV-G 1.5 97kW/152 Nm
Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Edition exclusive features:
- Racing Orange body colour
- RAYS forged alloys wheels (RAYS ZE40 RS30)
- “30th Anniversary” build plate ornament (with serial number)
- Colour scheme with orange accents
(brake calipers, vent surround, seat piping and stitch, steering wheel stitching, door trim stitching, dashboard decoration panel stitching, and shift / handbrake parking lever stitching)
- Alcantara® material (door trim, dashboard decoration panel and seat centre)
- RECARO seats
- Bilstein dampers
- Brembo front brake calipers (orange painted)
- NISSIN rear brake calipers (orange painted)