The Kia Niro is a small SUV but not the smallest that has now been on the market for a few months.
It is not selling well. The big winner in this class is the MG ZS.
The Kia comes with some or all electrification. The basic hybrid, the plug in hybrid and the all electric model.
The interior of the Kia is neat and modern with a dashboard layout that integrates well with a 7 inch infotainment screen that is designed into the facia not appearing like it was stuck on after.
TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO REVIEW CLICK BELOW
These good room for this size of vehicle and a rated at a highly credible 3.8l/100km
The road noise is high perhaps aided by the quietness of the hybrid.
The basic mild hybrid is priced at $40,000. Kia is currently offering to add only $2000 for on road costs. A non-hybrid MG costs $22,000 drive away.
Some Other Kia Niro Articles
- KIA Niro PHEV Sport 2021 Review
- KIA Niro Full 2021 Review
- Is the NEW Kia Niro 2021 any good?
- Kia Niro – Mild Hybrid, Plug-In or Full Electric?
- Kia NIRO Australia enters the electrified market
What is good?
- Fuel Economy
- Good room even for second row of passengers
- Neat and functional interior
What is not so good?
- Mild Hybrid
- Road Noise
Also Look At
2021 Kia Niro Hybrid S Auto 2WD MY21
|Model Price||$ 39,990 MLP*|
|Engine||4 cylinder 1.6 Litre plus mild electric motor|
|Drivetrain||6 speed Automatic dual clutch|
|Power||77kW @5,700 rpm plus 32Kw from electric motor|
|Torque||147Nm @4,000 plus 23 Nm from electric motor|
|Safety||5 Star ANCAP|
|CO2 Emissions||88 g/km|
|Economy ADR||3.8 L/100km|
|0-100kmh / Top Speed||N/a|
|Servicing||Months / km|
|Warranty||7 yr / Unlimited km 1yr Roadside Assist assistance|
- *MLP – Manufacturers List Price includes GST and LCT but excluding statutory charges, dealer costs and dealer delivery. See your dealer for RDAP. Does not include price of any options.
|Behind the Wheel||7|
|Ride and Handling||7|
|Fit for Purpose||8|
|Value for Money||6|
- Motoring Minutes are heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network. Motoring Minute has an average daily audience of over 150,000 listeners. That’s over 750,000 listeners a week.
- Motoring Minute is also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program, which is broadcast through the Community Radio Network across Australia and has a weekly audience of over 450,000.
The Kia Niro is a small SUV but not the smallest that has now been on the market for a few months. The Kia comes with some or all electrification. The basic hybrid, the plug in hybrid and the all electric model.
The basic mild hybrid is priced at $40,000. Kia is currently offering to add only $2000 for on road costs