Priced from $142,900 plus on-road costs, the new generation B3 Sedan offers strong performance and luxury appointments as standard.
The ALPINA B3 Touring, unique as the only six-cylinder BMW-based Touring available in Australia, is priced from $145,900 plus on-road costs.
“We are extremely excited to bring these amazing new BMW ALPINA vehicles to the Australian market,” said ALPINA Australia National Sales Manager, Phil Jeffery.
“Both the new B3 Sedan and B3 Touring offer a unique blend of power, agility and luxury as standard. Of course, the ability to truly customise the vehicle with a wide range of bespoke ALPINA items adds further appeal to the model range,” he said.
BMW ALPINA B3 Sedan – priced from $142,900 plus on-road costs BMW ALPINA B3 Touring – priced from $145,900 plus on-road costs
Key features overview
Both the BMW ALPINA B3 Sedan and Touring are powered by a new, ALPINA-specific version of the BMW S58 engine. This 3.0-litre Bi-Turbo straight six-cylinder unit features specific ALPINA turbochargers, cooling system and exhaust. Combined with specific ECU tuning, this power unit delivers some 340kW between 5,000 – 7,000rpm.
A key focus of the ALPINA engineers was to ensure strong low-rev torque, to maximise every day driving enjoyment. The resulting 700Nm torque peak is reached from only 3,000rpm and is maintained through to 4,250rpm.
Coupled to an eight-speed, torque converter-equipped automatic gearbox and a specifically-tuned BMW xDrive rear-biased all-wheel drive system, the BMW ALPINA B3 Sedan reaches 100km/h from rest in only 3.8 seconds (Touring: 3.9). For the first time, a BMW ALPINA features anatomically-optimised gear shift paddles mounted on the rear of the steering wheel.
WLTP tested fuel economy is rated at 11.1L/100km for either variant.
Using the highly-awarded, new-generation BMW 3 Series as a base has enabled ALPINA engineers to develop a superior ride and handling package over the predecessor model.
Up front, the ALPINA-specific front pivot joints enable increased negative camber, improving grip and steering response. The steering system itself is electrically-assisted and offers a variable ratio, improving low-speed manoeuvrability and high-speed stability.
Eibach springs are fitted at each corner, as well as three-stage variable dampers, offering SPORT+, SPORT, COMFORT and COMFORT+ modes; the latter an exclusive ALPINA setting that melds impressive steering response with a relaxed, absorbent ride over bumpy roads.
Braking is taken care of via the ALPINA performance braking system. Impressive 395mm front brake discs are clamped via four-piston calipers, while on the rear 345mm discs use a floating-piston caliper. Each caliper is painted in timeless ALPINA Blue and features a white ALPINA logo.
The 2020 BMW ALPINA B3 range
A premium mid-size sports sedan or wagon, the BMW ALPINA B3 range offers an impressive array of standard specification, with an unerring focus on safety and technology, as well as occupant comfort and performance.
The BMW ALPINA B3 Touring offers an impressive 500 litres luggage capacity, which increases to 1,510 litres with the second-row seats folded down.
The BMW ALPINA B3 Sedan also boasts strong cabin storage, with 480 litres available in the luggage compartment.
Key specification highlights
- ALPINA specific:
- Sport leather steering wheel, trimmed in LAVALINA leather with bespoke blue and green stitching
- Piano Black interior trims with ALPINA insignia
- ALPINA tuned BMW S58 engine with specific twin turbochargers, cooling system, full exhaust and ECU calibrations
- ALPINA tuned transmission and xDrive all-wheel drive system software, with uprated transmission mechatronics
- ALPINA Performance Braking System
- ALPINA Dynamic light alloy road wheels, 19-inch diameter and fitted with Pirelli P Zero ALP sports tyres
- Dynamic damper control with COMFORT+ mode, as well as COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+
- Door sill finishers o Floor mats o Rear spoiler o External lettering and model designations
- ALPINA seat backrest logos
- Live Cockpit Professional, 12.3-inch digital instrument display with 10.25-inch control display. Natural voice control and BMW Operating system 7.0
- Driving Assistant Plus
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Head-Up Display
- Comfort Access
- 16-speaker harman/kardon surround sound system
- DAB+ Digital Radio tuner • Steering wheel heating
- Front sports seats with seat heating, electric operation and lumbar support, trimmed in Vernasca leather with ALPINA logo in back rests
- Alarm system
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Self-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
- Active Protection
- BMW Connected Package Professional
- Anthracite headlining
- Variable Sport Steering
- Rear Sport Differential
Individual options for a tailored experience
In addition to the generous standard equipment list, the BMW ALPINA B3 range can be individualised via a range of optional equipment.
Bespoke, crafted LAVALINA leather interior packages are offered, using ALPINA’s inhouse saddlery to offer a truly unique luxury solution in the cockpit.
A range of metallic paints, upholstery colours and interior trims are available, while 20inch ALPINA CLASSIC alloy wheels and a glass sunroof further enhance the B3 experience.
By the numbers
Model Engine Power Torque 0-100km/h Combined fuel use
- 3.0L twin-turbo six-cyl petrol
- 340kW 700Nm
- 3.8sec 0-100 KMH
- 3.0L twin-turbo six-cyl petrol
- 340kW 700Nm
- 3.9sec 0-100kmh
Servicing and warranty
The BMW ALPINA B3 Sedan and Touring are both covered by a three-year, unlimitedkilometre warranty. Complimentary Roadside Assistance is also provided for this time period.
For maximum convenience, all vehicles sold by ALPINA Australia can be serviced via an official BMW dealership. BMW’s Service Inclusive program is available for the BMW ALPINA range. For the B3 range, this offer follows the requirements for the BMW M340i Sedan