Subaru has upgraded their impressive AWD Impreza range in both hatchback and sedan for the 2020 model year. In an increasingly tighter segment, Subaru’s Impreza continues to shine and these recent changes ensure it keeps at the forefront of competitors.
Key changes are a revised front grill, front bumper and front fog light design. Perhaps more importantly, the addition of the brilliant Subaru Intelligent dual mode (SI) Drive in every variant, now allows a choice between frugal efficiency in I mode and sportier performance in S mode, for greater responsiveness – all via convenient steering wheel control.
An already smooth ride handling combination is enhanced with revised suspension that also improves steering response and handling agility.
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “The combination of fresh on-road presence and the ability to better match the driver’s performance preference via SI-Drive gives every Impreza added edge and flexibility.
“Factor in a compelling package of cosmetic and trim enhancements, plus added safety and driver convenience features in the two range-topping models, and Impreza continues to represent tremendous value, with a long-established record in the key areas of durability, engineering, fun and safety.”
Added specification across the Impreza range includes:
- New design alloy wheels
- Automatic door locking
- Re-profiled grille, front bumper and front fog light design
All hatch variants
- Smoked-finish rear combination light design (hatch-only)
Impreza 2.0i Premium
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Reverse Automatic Braking
- Front View Monitor
- Updated LED headlight design
- Auto power folding mirrors + auto dipping passenger side mirror
- Front View Monitor
- Side View Monitor
- Memory Driver’s Seat
- Stitched MFD visor
- Piano black air conditioning controls surround
SI-Drive helps optimize fuel efficiency in I mode and increase engine speed in S mode, for greater responsiveness.
SI-Drive lets the driver select the engine and transmission characteristic to suit their desired driving style, road feel, or type of use.
Impreza has two SI-Drive modes: Intelligent (I) and Sports (S).
- S (SPORTS) – Enables linear acceleration. It is an all-round mode that provides ample everyday performance.
- I (INTELLIGENT) – power output in response to accelerator operation is moderate, creating smooth, environmentally-friendly performance. The Intelligent mode throttle characteristic is designed for low fuel consumption.
Other changes include:
- updated interior door trim surround material in Impreza 2.0i-L, 2.0i Premium and 2.0i-S variants.
- Updated premium cloth trim is also introduced in Impreza 2.0i-L and 2.0i Premium.
- A new colour in the Impreza range is Magnetite Grey Metallic.
Impreza maintains its five-star rating for occupant safety from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP), along with the entire Subaru new vehicle range.
IMPREZA MODEL YEAR 2020 MANUFACTURER’S LIST PRICING*
IMPREZA MY20 MANUFACTURER’S LIST PRICE*
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Prices (MLP) only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorised Subaru dealer.