ŠKODA announces pricing for the upgraded KAROQ medium SUV, offering over $4,000 of additional standard equipment including a stylish new design, advanced technologies and smart convenience features.
The KAROQ will continue to offer Australian customers leading practicality with the Style from $42,990 drive-away, and an even more emotional driving experience with the Sportline 4×4 from $49,990 drive-away.
In the finest traditions of the Simply Clever brand, only the KAROQ can in the medium SUV segment offer such a broad range of abilities and luxury appointments thanks to the continuance of big-value packages.
The KAROQ Style offers $4,300 in additional value compared with the outgoing version, now offering 18-inch alloy wheels (up from 17s), LED headlights, front parking sensors (in addition to rear), virtual pedal for the power tailgate, power-folding and heated side mirrors, rear dynamic indicators, rear spoiler, extended pedestrian protection (for autonomous emergency braking), driving profile selection, digital radio, wireless phone charging, front and rear map reading lights and luggage nets.
The latter feature even further underscores the unrivalled versatility of the KAROQ Style’s VarioFlex rear seating arrangement, which allows for the three-segment rear seat to be individually removed, folded or moved forward or back thanks to the sliding function – allowing the 479L boot to extend to a large SUV-like 1605L.
The KAROQ Sportline 4×4
The KAROQ Sportline 4×4 offers $4,100 in additional value compared with the outgoing version, now featuring full Matrix LED headlights including adaptive high-beam, front parking sensors, virtual pedal, digital radio, wireless charging, extended pedestrian protection (for autonomous emergency braking), rear dynamic indicators, luggage nets and rear spoiler.
Befitting its name, the Sportline 4×4 upgrades from the front-wheel drive Style’s 110kW/250Nm 1.4-litre turbo and 8-speed automatic, to a 140kW/320Nm 2.0-litre turbo and 7-speed direct shift gearbox (DSG) for 0-100km/h in 7.3 seconds.
Yet both KAROQs intelligently deliver combined-cycle fuel efficiency of less than 7.0 litres per 100km: from 6.6 l/100km (Style) to 6.9 l/100km (Sportline 4×4).
ŠKODA national sales and planning manager Kieran Merrigan said the KAROQ continues to offer customers “a best-of-all-worlds approach to medium SUV buying.”
“With design highlights like VarioFlex in the KAROQ Style, ŠKODA can offer the practical smarts of a larger vehicle in a size that offers greater urban agility and lower weight for enhanced efficiency.
“Or, for those wanting the most emotional and engaging driving experience, no European medium SUV can touch the KAROQ Sportline 4×4 for sporty fun and technology for under $50,000 drive-away.”
All new ŠKODAs come with a five year/unlimited kilometre warranty.
This is one European SUV that further delivers multiple neatly packaged servicing options to choose from – including the ‘prepaid’ service packs OR ‘pay as you go’ service subscription plans. The popular and fully transferable 7 year service package costs $2,400 – and that price includes the first three services free, plus roadside assistance for the entire 7 year duration.
For maximum flexibility, existing customers can purchase a ‘used car’ package, or ‘top up’ an existing 3 or 5 year service plan to the full 7 years.
KAROQ customers can alternatively select their annual mileage in concert with a level of servicing coverage to be provided with a service and maintenance monthly subscription plan best suited to their needs. This includes ‘Value’, ‘Essential’ and ‘Complete’ plans – with roadside assistance and a service loan car. An owner travelling 15,000km per year will pay from $39.50 per month
Some other KAROQ articles
- ŠKODA Karoq 140 TSi Sportline 4X4 2020 Radio Review
- ŠKODA’s Karoq is now a double act
- 2018 Skoda Karoq Launch Review
- VarioFlex rear seat
- 18″ MIRAN alloy wheels, black
- LED headlights
- Fog lights
- Full LED tail-lights with dynamic indicators
- Electrically adjustable, power fold and heated side mirrors
- Rear spoiler with silver roof rails
- Virtual Pedal – hands-free opening and closing tailgate
- Advanced Keyless Entry including Smart Start (KESSY)
- Door welcome lights with ŠKODA logo
- Light Assist
- Rain sensing wipers
- Privacy glass
- Footwell lighting front and rear
- Reading lights in front and rear
- 3-spoke multifunction leather sports steering wheel
- Height-adjustable driver and passenger seat
- Virtual Cockpit
- 8.0″ centre touch display
- Digital Radio
- 8 speakers
- Wired and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless phone charging
- USB type-C
- Dual-zone ‘Climatronic’ climate control
- Luggage nets
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Manoeuvre Braking Assist
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake
- Multi-collision brake
- 7 airbags
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Fatigue detection
- Rear view camera
KAROQ SportLine 4×4
- Sports seats (replacing VarioFlex) with silver stitching
- 19″ SAGITARIUS alloy wheels, anthracite
- Full Matrix LED headlights with adaptive front lighting system and adaptive high beam
- Fog lights with corner function
- Black shine radiator grille frame, door mirrors, roof rails and window frames, Black integrated rear diffuser with chrome-plated inserts and Black interior roof and pillar trim
- Piano black decorative dashboard trim and carbon door trim
- Stainless steel pedals
- 3-spoke multi-function leather sports steering wheel with DSG paddles
*MLP Includes GST and LCT but excluding statutory charges, dealer costs and dealer delivery. See your dealer for RDAP. Does not include price of options. Some features mentioned in the article are options. RDAP means Recommended Drive Away Price (without options but including all other charges)