First to the nitty gritty.
There are four models in the lineup. All come with the same 1.0L turbocharged petrol engine and the same seven speed DCT as standard.
All models are front wheel drive only and all have an ANCAP Five star safety rating.
All models come with a clever 8 inch touchscreen and full Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto~ connectivity and mirroring.
All models are equipped with full front and rear LED lighting as standard.
If you have munchkins both outboard rear seats are equipped with Isofix child-seat mounts.
Pricing for Nissan JUKE
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)**
**Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) are provided for information purposes only and do not include premium paint, statutory charges or other on-road costs.
Three cylinders seems small
Ordinarily I would agree with you but the 1.0L three cylinder turbo engine is zippy enough. It’s also pretty good at slowly sipping fuel at an ADR rate of just 5.8L/100km
The engine and DCT combination is better when you push it a little, when you ‘DRIVE’ it. This isn’t one for lazily pottering around. It gets a little hesitant when you do that. But be firm with it and it likes it better and you zip along nicely.
Bigger is better
Like most of us as we get older we bulk up a little but in the case of the Juke the new CMF-B platform ensures the all-new Nissan JUKE is longer, wider, taller and yet more aerodynamic than ever before
For those that like stats the Juke measures 4210mm in length (+75mm), 1800mm in width (+35mm) and 1595mm in height (+30mm), all with a kerb weight of just 1251-1274kg. Larger cargo area measures 422/1305 litres (VDA)
It rides along nicely thank you, but on a terrible inner city road I hit a huge pothole and it didn’t like that much I have to say. Bugger!
Keeping us safe
The city is no place for the fainthearted and the Juke surrounds us in the good stuff to keep us safe.
As well as front, seat-mounted front-side and full-length curtain airbags, every Nissan JUKE model is fitted with advanced active-safety features created under Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
- Forward Collision Warning and Intelligent Emergency Braking (including the capability to detect pedestrians and cyclists),
- Traffic Sign Recognition,
- Lane Departure Warning and Intelligent Lane Intervention,
- with the latter ingeniously employing the brakes to ease a wandering vehicle back into its lane
- Automatic LED headlights with High Beam Assist (which increases the field of visibility by 10 metres),
- a reversing camera,
- rear parking sensors,
- Blind Spot Warning,
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Intelligent Driver Alert also appear as standard in the Nissan JUKE ST.
Stepping up to the ST-L adds
- Front parking sensors,
- the Intelligent Around-View Monitor 360-degree camera system,
- Moving Object Detection and Intelligent Cruise Control.
- The Intelligent Around View Monitor provides a 360 degree bird’s-eye view around the vehicle, displayed on the 8.0-inch central screen, to give the driver confidence when manoeuvring in tight spaces.
The Ti model adds
- Tyre-pressure monitoring to the already extensive safety features list.
I just have to be connected
If you feel the need the Juke responds with fingertip technology!
The new 8.0-inch touchscreen allows you to use Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto to mirror your favourite smartphone apps.
You can choose to use your phone’s navigation, or alternatively drivers can access TomTom Maps & Live Traffic (ST+, ST-L and Ti).
A new 7.0-inch TFT in the driver’s binnacle (ST-L and Ti) delivers even more personalization opportunities.
One really cool feature is the Nissan-first Bose® Personal® Audio system in the range top Ti model.
It has eight powerful speakers – including a pair of Bose® UltraNearfield speakers integrated into both front-seat headrests – so listeners can enjoy immersive music in ultra-clear definition.
All-new Nissan JUKE grade walk
- 1.0-litre 84kW/180Nm turbocharged petrol engine with seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
- Idle stop/start
- Paddle shifters
- 8.0-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto~
- Voice recognition
- Advanced Drive Assist™ Display (4.2” TFT)
- Rearview camera and rear parking sensors
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Emergency Braking (pedestrian & cyclist)
- Lane Departure Warning and Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Intelligent Driver Alert
- Blind Spot Warning
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Active Speed Limiter
- Rear spoiler
- Daytime running lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Power-folding and heated door mirrors
- Auto LED headlights with High Beam Assist
- Hill Start Assist
- Intelligent Trace Control
- Intelligent Ride Control
- Monoform cloth seats
- Six-way manual-adjustment driver’s seat, four-way manual-adjustment front passenger’s seat
Juke ST+ (adds to or replaces ST specification)
- LED Fog lights
- Satellite Navigation
- Heated front seats
- Front parking sensors
Juke ST-L (adds to or replaces ST+ specification)
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Door and centre ambient lighting
- Moving Object Detection
- Intelligent Cruise Control
- Intelligent Around-View® Monitor
- 7.0-inch TFT/Advanced Drive Assist™ Display (ADAD), driver’s binnacle
- Rear USB port for charging
- Six speakers
- Drive modes (Eco/Standard/Sport)
- Electric park brake with auto-hold
- Leather accented* steering wheel & shift knob
- Part cloth/leather seat trim
Juke Ti (adds to or replaces ST-L specification)
- Follow-me-home headlights
- Quilted accented* leather with Alcantara® seat trim
- Alcantara® dashboard, knee pad & door panels
- Shark-fin antenna
- Illuminated ‘JUKE’ entry kick plates
- 19-inch Akari alloy wheels
- Eight-speaker Bose® Personal® Plus audio
- Tyre-pressure-monitoring system
If something goes wrong- Warranty
The all-new JUKE is covered by Nissan’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty+, five-year, 24-hour roadside assistance and six-year capped-price-servicing program.^
A more detailed drive review is following in a few weeks.
But initially the Juke is an edgy, stylish addition to the urban SUV market. Ideally suited to a couple that want a weekend runaround or stylish daily driving.
It has heaps of safety as standard which is a good thing and if you want more bling go for the Ti model.
It’s relatively quiet on the road and for the most part soaks up the rough inner-city roads with ease.
It’s economical and fun to drive and likes to be driven a little.