- MINI Electric Hatch local pricing announced at $59,900*
- Limited launch-spec edition available in four pre-set combinations
- 135kW electric motor delivers rapid acceleration and instant throttle response
- 32.6kWh Li-ion battery providing 233-kilometre range on a single charge
- Bespoke suspension tuning and low centre of gravity provide go-kart handling
- Intuitive online order deposit process
Priced at $59,900*(National drive away price), a limited number of launch special “First Edition” variants will arrive in Australian dealerships from August 2020.
MINI Electric Hatch
The MINI Electric Hatch is based on the striking design of the three-door ICE-powered MINI Cooper S but with exterior accents unique to MINI’s first-ever EV.
Four colours are available at launch, paired with two wheel combinations to endow the car with a sporty yet futuristic look.
The MINI Electric Hatch is powered by a 32.6kWh latest-generation lithium-ion battery, producing an impressive 135kW of power that results in a 0-100km/h acceleration time of just 7.3 seconds.
Capable of a 233-kilometre drive range on a single charge, according to latest WLTP measurement standards, the MINI Electric Hatch is also perfect for metropolitan dwellers and intra-city commutes, able to achieve an 80% charge in just 35 minutes when using a 50kW DC public charger.
The MINI Electric Hatch retains MINI’s famed “go-kart” driving feel by positioning powertrain components low and near the centre of the car in a T-shape, coupled with suspension tuning unique to the car for a low centre of gravity that produces sharp, responsive handling.
The MINI Electric Hatch is built in the UK at MINI Plant Oxford, the birthplace and heart of MINI production.
Starting from today, interested fans can select from four exciting specifications of the MINI Electric Hatch and make an online deposit with the MINI dealer of their choice without ever leaving the comfort of their home.
They will be joining the thousands who have already indicated their interest on this highly-anticipated new model.
“The arrival of the MINI Electric Hatch in Australia heralds a new chapter for the brand – a charge into the future of electromobility without compromising the marque’s core values of creativity, vibrancy and smart urbanity,” said Brett Waudby, General Manager of MINI Australia.
“It is wonderful to see such a positive response we are getting to the car. Our dealers across the nation are extremely excited to add this model to our customer offering, which is sure to be an absolute thrill to drive,” Mr. Waudby concluded.
Key highlights of the MINI Electric Hatch include:
- Four colour choices
- 17-inch MINI Electric Power Spoke wheels paired to White Silver and Midnight Black
- 17-inch MINI Tentacle Spoke wheels paired to Chili Red and British Racing Green
- Adaptive LED Headlights
- MINI Electric Interior
- Leather Cross Punch Sports Seats with seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Head-Up Display
- Digital Dash Display
- Harman Kardon Hi-Fi Sound System
The MINI Electric Hatch includes the following technical data specifications:
- 32.6kWh Lithium Ion Battery
- 135kW / 270Nm
- 233km range
- 0-100 km/h in 7.3 seconds
- Front wheel drive
*National drive away price is shown and includes GST. Customers are advised to contact their nearest MINI Garage for all pricing enquiries.