Lotus Exige Sport 350
The racy Lotus Exige range commences with the Sport 350, available in Coupe or Roadster forms.
The V6 engine generates some 258kW at 7000rpm with an even 400Nm torque peak at 4500rpm. This ensures the Exige Sport 350 can hit 100km/h from standstill in only 3.9sec, before hitting a 273km/h top speed. Fuel efficiency sits at 10.0L/100km on the combined cycle, with 225g/km CO2.
A six-speed manual gearbox, complete with stunning aluminium exposed-gate shifter, creates an incredible cockpit centrepiece, but is also beautiful to use.
Weighing in at only 1,125kg, the Exige majors on power to weight. It comes standard with manual steering, delivering unsurpassed road feedback through to the driver’s hands. The steering ratio is precise, offering 2.86 turns lock-to-lock.
An electronic differential lock works in conjunction with the three-way driver selectable ESP control to ensure strong traction. Ranging from ‘Drive’ mode for daily road work, through ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ modes, the Exige’s intelligent stability and traction systems work for the driver. For those who want to explore the chassis in its natural state, the system can also be turned off.
Slowing things down are red-painted AP Racing brake calipers that clamp cross drilled and ventilated disc brakes at all four corners. The brake disc dimensions measure 322mm at each corner.
Silver or gloss black alloy wheels, measuring 17 inches on the front axle and 18 on the rear, are shod with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, at 205/45/R17 front and 265/35/R18 for the rear.
The standard colour options are solid red or yellow, though an expansive range of metallic, premium and pearl finishes are also available. Lotus Exclusive can also provide bespoke ‘colour to sample’ paint options upon application. Matt black is applied to the front splitter, louvered tailgate and the rear diffuser finisher sections.`
Inside, occupants sit in combination technical fabric/Leather upholstered sports seats with Lotus headrest roundels. Central locking, rear parking sensors, immobiliser/alarm system, air-conditioning and electric windows add further protection, comfort and convenience. Designed for regular use, a 12-volt wet battery is standard, though a lightweight lithium-ion battery with a conditioner system is optionally available.
Black leather is applied to the steering wheel, centre console, face-vent surrounds and sill trims, working with silver stitching to create a premium ambience. This soft material also features on the door cards along with technical fabric sections, while the roof lining is finished in tactile black cloth.
These black applications contrast with the standard silver interior colour pack that is applied to the remaining surfaces.
Similar to the Elise range, the Exige models can be equipped with a new ‘Touring’ option pack. Owners can choose a leather trim pack in black, red or tan with silver stitching or an Alcantara pack in black or red with silver stitching. The pack also includes a four-speaker stereo system with DAB digital radio capability, a sound insulation pack, cruise control and full black carpeting.
Alternatively, the Sport pack brings a black Alcantara steering wheel trim, two-piece brake disc system and lightweight forged alloy wheels in black or silver finish.
Adding race-inspired cool is the carbon fibre aero pack, applying the exotic material to the front splitter, rear wing and rear diffuser finisher sections.
An exterior black pack is also available, covering the front access panel, mirror units, side pods, rear transom and hardtop.
A range of single options are also available, including:
– Four-speaker stereo with DAB digital radio – Cruise control – Face level vents trimmed in black Alcantara – Black Alcantara sill trims – Interior stitching in red, yellow, orange or black – Interior colour pack to match exterior body colour – Interior colour pack in gloss red, yellow, orange, white, black, solid red or silver – Black carpet mats – Brake calipers painted in black or yellow – Hard top (Roadster) – Carbon fibre hard top – Carbon fibre front access panel – Carbon fibre louvered rear tail gate – Carbon fibre rear diffuser finisher – Carbon fibre sports seats – Carbon fibre sill covers – Metallic, new premium or pearl exterior paintwork – Lithium ion battery and battery conditioner – Lightweight forged alloy wheels
Lotus Exige Sport 410
The MY20.5 Lotus Exige Sport 410 Coupe and Roadster variants are more highly specified than ever before.
Featuring a new carbon fibre front splitter and aerodynamic air blades as well as carbon fibre front access panel, rear wing and tail gate, the Exige Sport 410 range cuts a uniquely dynamic figure.
Even more focused than the Sport 350, the Lotus Exige Sport 410 offers zero to 100km/h in only 3.4sec, thanks to a further enhanced version of the supercharged 3.5-litre V6 engine.
Featuring charge cooling, the Exige Sport 410 brings 306kW to the rear wheels, generated at 7000rpm. Torque peaks at a strong 420Nm, from only 3500rpm. Top speed reaches 290km/h and the vehicle weight sits at 1,110kg – lighter than the Sport 350. Fuel consumption is 10.2L/100km, with 230g/km CO2.
The Exige Sport 410 uses several components from the limited-edition Cup 430, including an oil cooler, larger clutch, and AP Racing brakes with forged four-piston calipers and two-piece j-hook discs. The discs measure 332mm at all four corners.
Three-way adjustable Nitron dampers, as well as adjustable Eibach tubular front and rear anti-roll bars, add further race car intent and amazing adaptability.
Lightweight forged alloy wheels in silver, red or gloss black sit at 17-inch front and 18-inch rear diameters and are shod with Michelin’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyre, with a 215/45/R17 up-front and a 285/30/R18 at the rear.
The Lotus Exige Sport 410’s honed aerodynamics allow it to generate an incredible 70kg of downforce at the front axle at top speed, with 45kg pressing down at the rear, for a 115kg downforce total.
Inside the Exige Sport 410 deploys supportive sports seats trimmed in black Alcantara, with red/white or yellow/white stitching and the famous Lotus roundels on the headrests.
Black Alcantara also majors throughout the cabin, the light and durable material covering the door cards, centre console, face-level air vents and steering wheel. Black leather is applied to the sill trims and black cloth to the roof lining.
Central locking, air-conditioning and rear parking sensors are fitted as standard, along with an immobiliser and remote-activated alarm system.
For the Lotus Exige Sport 410 the new Touring pack offers leather trim in black, red or tan leather, with a choice of silver/white, white/white, red/white, yellow/white, orange/white or black/white stitching. Alternatively, black or red Alcantara can be specified with the same stitching options.
The pack also includes a four-speaker stereo system with DAB digital radio capability, a sound insulation pack, cruise control and full black carpeting.
A range of single options are also available, including:
– New Four-speaker stereo with DAB digital radio – Cruise control – Alcantara trim pack in red with red/white stitching – Interior contrast stitching in silver/white, orange/white or black/white – Interior colour pack to match exterior body colour – Interior colour pack in gloss red, yellow, orange, white, black, solid red or silver – Black Alcantara sill covers – Black leather steering wheel – Face-level vents in black leather – Black carpet mats – Brake calipers painted in black or yellow – Hard top (Roadster) – New Carbon fibre barge boards – New Carbon fibre instrument binnacle – Carbon fibre hard top – Carbon fibre front access panel – Carbon fibre louvered rear tail gate – Carbon fibre rear diffuser finisher – Carbon fibre sports seats – Carbon fibre sill covers – Metallic, new premium, pearl or bespoke exterior paintwork – Lithium ion battery and battery conditioner
MY20.5 Lotus Exige range Pricing
- Exige Sport 350 Coupe $139,500 MLP* 258kW / 400Nm 10.0L/100km / 225g/km CO2
- Exige Sport 350 Roadster $139,500 MLP* 258kW / 400Nm 10.0L/100km / 225g/km CO2
- Exige Sport 410 Coupe $169,990 MLP* 306kW / 420Nm 10.2L/100km / 230g/km CO2
- Exige Sport 410 Roadster $169,990 MLP* 306kW / 420Nm 10.2L/100km / 230g/km CO2
*MLP – Manufacturers List Price includes GST and LCT but excluding statutory charges, dealer costs and dealer delivery. See your dealer for RDAP. Does not include price of any options.