Known as the IS F CCS-R, which debuted at the Tokyo Auto Salon in 2010, it features a number of modifications from the standard IS F road car to enhance performance and satisfy racing safety regulations.
These include lightweight carbon fibre bodywork and interior details as well as polycarbonate windows that help reduce the standard vehicle’s weight by 314kg.
It also has a reinforced monocoque with roll cage, racing brake package, modified race suspension and racing exhaust system.
The IS F CCS-R is powered by the 2UR-GSE 5.0-litre V8 of the IS F that develops 311kW and 505Nm of torque, mated to an eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission with paddle shift.
2012 marks the 90th running of the famous ‘Race to the Clouds’ hill climb in Colorado Springs, US.
The race is run on a 19.9 kilometre course with 156 turns that begins at 2,862 metres and finishes at the 4,300-metre Pikes Peak summit.
This year’s race will have 16 classes and a field of 200 competitors.
Nobuhiro Tajima currently holds the race record of 09:51.278, set in 2011.
LEXUS IS F CCS-R TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Overall length 4759mm
Overall width 1815mm
Overall height 1384mm
Curb weight 1400kg (314kg less than standard road car)
Power 311kW @ 6,600rpm
Torque 505Nm @ 5,200rpm
Fuel system SFI D-4 direct-to-cylinder injection with secondary port injectors
Layout Front engine, rear-wheel drive system
Transmission 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic with paddle shift and manual mode
• Orange mica exterior paint
• Reinforced monocoque (with roll cage)
• Carbon fibre hood, door handles, front fender, front spoiler, front canard, rear spoiler, ventilator
• Polycarbonate windows
• Lightweight door
o 18×8.5J, off-set 30 front
o 18×9.5J, off-set 40 rear
• Yokohama /ADVAN NEOVA A050 tyres
o 245/40 R18 front
o 255/40 R18 rear
• Brake cooling system
• Racing brake kit
• Stainless steel mesh brake hose
• Adjustable camber front upper arm
• Modified race suspension
• Reinforced bushings and mounts
• Racing exhaust system
• Engine oil cooler
• Transmission oil cooler
• Differential oil cooler
• Mechanical LSD
• 120-litre fuel cell
• Air jack system
• Fire extinguishing system
• Data logger
• Kill switch
• Tow strap
• Carbon fibre dashboard, centre console, door and interior trim
• HANS compatible full bucket driver’s seat
• Lightened interior (removed power windows, door locks, rear seats, roof lining, etc)
• Six-point seat belt
• Small-diameter steering wheel with paddle shifters