The popular premium compact SUV has been refreshed, with new engines, substantial specification increases and a sportier design that is framed by the bold, sculpted Audi singleframe grille.
“The Audi Q3 has followed in the footsteps of the highly successful larger siblings of the Audi Q family in these past three years,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“Customers value the Q3’s sophisticated design and everyday versatility. It punches well above its weight for a compact SUV, thanks to its ability to provide everyday support for the active lifestyles our owners lead.
“We’ve focused on the equipment that our customers regularly opt for when they make a purchase, and we are delighted to include many of those highlights as standard features of the new Q3 model range.
“With these enhancements across the range, we are confident the Audi Q3 will continue to go from strength-to-strength in Australia, retaining its market-leading status, ” said Mr Doyle.
The popular 1.4 TFSI engine in the Q3 entry-level model gains Audi’s innovative Cylinder on Demand (CoD) technology to the great benefit of fuel efficiency. With two of the four cylinders shutdown under light throttle loads, the fuel saving is up to 20 percent. It sips just 5.8L/100km on the ADR/82 combined fuel cycle, despite offering strong performance when required. With 110kW and 250Nm of torque, it’s capable of hustling the Q3 to 100km/h from rest in 8.9 seconds.
The 2.0 TDI 110kW is the entry-level quattro model in the new Q3 range, with a healthy 340Nm of torque on-hand from 1,750-2,800rpm. It reaches the highway speed limit in 9.3 seconds, and returns out standing fuel efficiency: 5.2 L/100km.
The two top engines in the Q3 range are the 2.0 TFSI siblings – one TDI and one TFSI. The TDI produces 135kW and 380Nm, reaching 100km/h in 7.9 seconds and with fuel economy of 5.4 litres per 100km. The TFSI petrol powers the fastest model in the new Q3 range. Its 132kW/320Nm flexible power delivery ensures 100km/h is dismissed in 7.6 seconds, without great cost to fuel efficiency: 6.7 L/100km.
The Audi Q3 achieves the maximum 5-star ANCAP safety rating, and is now available with a full range of advanced driver assistance systems to further enhance peace-of-mind. Audi side assist, active lane assist, high-beam assist and hill descent control, along with electric folding and dimming exterior mirrors can be combined into a new $2,490 Assistance package, ensuring great value for customers.
One of the highlights of the new Audi Q3 range is the very significant increase in standard equipment over its predecessor. In summary, the equipment highlights of the range are:
Q3 1.4 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 110kW
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Leather-appointed upholstery
- Dual-zone climate control air-conditioning
- Multi-function leather steering wheel with paddleshifts
- Audi Music Interface with Bluetooth audio streaming
- MMI radio system with retractable 6.5-inch colour display and 8 passive speakers
- Tyre pressure warning
- Cruise control
- Driver Information System
- Audi parking system plus, with front/rear sensors and rear-view camera
- Dynamic suspension
- Electric exterior mirrors
- Light and rain sensor
- LED interior lighting package
Q3 Sport 2.0 TFSI and 2.0 TDI 135kW (in addition to the equipment above)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Colour-coded bumpers and wheel arches
- Front sports seats with electric lumbar support
- Milano leather upholstery
- Aluminium and high-gloss interior trim package
- Auto dimming interior mirror
- Audi Drive Select
- Convenience Key
- Multi-function leather three-spoke sports steering wheel with paddleshifts
In addition to the generous level of standard specification, the following high-value key option packages are available, bundling the most popular features for customer convenience.
Technik package – $2,990
- MMI Navigation plus with 20GB HDD storage and 2 x SHDC readers
- Audi park assist with area view
- Audi sound system
Comfort package – $2,990 ($2,490 for Q3 Sport)
- Electric front seat + lumbar adjustment (Q3S)
- Heated front seats (Q3S)
- Convenience key
- Auto dimming interior mirror (Q3S)
- Tailgate with electric open and close (Q3S)
S line sports package – $5,600
- S line exterior package
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- S line sports seats Alcantara/ leather
- S line multifunction sports steering wheel
- Black headlining
- Aluminium interior trim
Pricing (Manufacturer List Pricing (MLP) – excludes dealer delivery and statutory charges) Q3 1.4 TFSI COD S tronic 110kW 5.9L/100km $42,900 Q3 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 110kW 5.2L/100km $47,900 Sport Q3 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 132kW 6.7L/100km $52,300 Q3 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 135kW 5.4L/100km $56,900