Volkswagen Australia has just launched T6.1, a makeover of the sixth generation of their Transporter and Multivan range. This is the latest version that has evolved from their Type 2 vehicle platform first released in 1950 which became widely known as the Kombi.
The sixth major generation was first released in 2016. This model is now called the Volkswagen T6.1
This range of vehicles exudes versatility with the different model variants being:
- Transporter Van (front seats and a big load area)
- Crewvan (two rows of seats and a good cargo area)
- Cab Chassis (a single or dual cab ute with an aluminium tray)
- Multivan (a people mover although VW would probably prefer an official categorisation of SUV)
- Caravelle (a long wheel-based people mover)
- California (a camper van)
Safety is the most significant aspect of the upgrade with features such as
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake
- Crosswind Assist,
Motoring Minutes are heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network. Motoring Minutes have an average daily audience of over 150,000 listeners. Motoring Minutes are also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program, which is broadcast through the Community Radio Network across Australia and has a weekly audience of over 450,000.