The Tiguan Allspace Adventure, a unique take on Volkswagen’s multiple car of the year winning SUV, reaches showroom in August priced from $51,990 plus on-road costs.
Exclusive to the Australian market, the Adventure is ideal for singles, couples and families with a penchant for the complementary virtues of sports performance, smooth ride quality, dynamic handling and immense practicality.
To achieve these virtues, the Adventure combines a high-output engine and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, with broad 17-inch tyres for maximum ride comfort, extra underbody protection, progressive steering and sports suspension.
The 162kW, 350Nm 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol four-cylinder engine provides significant performance for any occasion, on- or off-road, catering specifically to the adventure seeker.
The Adventure also becomes the first five-seat version of the normally seven seat Tiguan Allspace, creating the largest boot volume of any Tiguan ever.
The first-time removal of the sixth and seventh seats from the Tiguan Allspace makes the Adventure exclusively a five-seater, with a boot volume enlarged by 60 litres to 760L – perfect for a weekend, or whole week, away.
An increased battery capacity and larger 180AMP alternator is ideal for accommodating the use of camping accessories for a longer period of time, and standard heated front seats are ideal for travelling in the colder months.
An underbody guard with stone protection, direct tyre pressure monitor and tinted windows provide additional driving (and parked) security.
For additional value, adventure-seeking Adventure customers can also choose one of the following three accessory packages at no extra cost:
- Snow chains and all-weather floor mats (front and rear)
- Sunblind set for rear side & rear window and all-weather floor mats (front and rear)
- Luggage compartment tray (boot liner), loading protection plate and all-weather floor mats (front and rear)
Brand Director of Volkswagen Passenger Vehicles Michal Szaniecki said the new Tiguan Allspace Adventure “delivers unique appeal to Volkswagen customers by perfectly combining performance with practicality.”
“With the largest boot volume ever offered on a Tiguan, among the most power in the segment plus tough underbody changes, the Allspace Adventure caters to on and off road thrill seekers.”
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace Adventure $51,990 (162TSI)
- 2.0 litre 4-cylinder TSI 162kW/350Nm; 7-speed DSG; 4MOTION
- 17-inch Dublin alloys (space saver spare)
- Sports suspension
- Progressive steering
- Five-seat capacity
- 760L boot volume
- Increased battery capacity and 180AMP alternator
- Tinted windows
- Choice of one accessory package
- Adventure badge
- Heated front seats
- 3-zone climate control with front and rear touch controls
- Auto lights and wipers
- Electric folding and heated mirrors
- IQ.DRIVE: Travel Assist with adaptive lane guidance, Front Assist with pedestrian monitoring, lane assist, emergency assist, adaptive cruise control, side assist, rear cross traffic alert, park assist, front and rear parking sensors and driver fatigue detection
- Rear view camera
- LED headlights with high beam assist; LED taillights
- 8-inch Discover Media navigation system with voice and gesture control
- Digital Cockpit Pro
- App-Connect including wired and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and wireless phone charging
Metallic paint $900