Like the KIA Stinger sibling, G70 is every bit a sports car. In fact, it as a true GT car.
The sexy sports saloon 4684mm sits low on 19” wheels. It is just 1400mm high, and 1850mm wide, with a 2835mm wheelbase.
There are 9 colours including: Himalayan Grey Metallic, Mallorca Blue Metallic, Havana Red Metallic, and Serengeti Brown. My favourite is always red..
Models with Brembo brakes come in red or matte silver, giving the wheel a real lift.
All lighting is LED, with swivel headlights in the top models. The grille is a wire-look mesh, and boot lid has an inbuilt spoiler, with dual chrome exhausts poking discretely from the lower valance..
The coupe styling has sculptured doors, with a strong line arching upwards and over the muscular rear guards. Chrome highlights on door handles, windows, and vents, add the finishing touch.
The cabin continues the tasteful story.
Supple red stitched quilted leather, sits beside muted matte silver aluminium. The centre stack is positioned ever so toward the driver, like a jet aircraft.
There are no shiny surfaces to reflect the afternoon sun into your eyes, which gets big extra marks.
Driver instruments include a 7” LCD between large conventional gauges. A heads up display beams data right on to the windscreen. You can turn it off if it annoys you, but I promise you, it won’t.
Space in the rear is snug with a taller driver up front. Front seats are heated and cooled, and the outer rear seats are heated. That is something you can’t find in a BMW without selling your left arm.
Overhead is a soft liner which adds to cabin noise damping.
The centre stack is crowned by an 8” LCD touch panel where vehicle settings can be lovingly fettled.
Rack mounted electric steering feels sharp.
G70 was developed in Namyang, Nürburgring, Death Valley, and Arjeplog in Sweden. IN addition, Australian models have additional tuning for local roads.
Handling is excellent thanks to well calibrated rack mounted electric power steering. Ride is tending to be firm even in comfort mode. Drive modes change steering, throttle, and suspension, with a customisable setting for personal preference.
We set off for the rolling hills south of Sydney. After A tasty lunch in Picton’s historic George IV hotel, we continued to find the roads deeply rewarding.
Fuel economy was around 10L/100k which dropped to below 8L/100k on the open road. The 8-speed automatic disconnects when coasting, and allows the 3.3 V6 to drop back to idle. With launch control, 100 arrives in just 4.7 seconds.
Climate control keeps the temperature just so, and the dual zones can be synced if there is only the driver on board. IN addition, there is seat heating and cooling for the front, and heating for the outer rear seats..
- 8.7L/100k ($59,300),
- 2.0T sport, 2.0T Ultimate,
- CO2 238g/k Sport,
- 3.3T Ultimate, Ultimate Sport ($78,950)
- (3.3T twin turbo with intercooler, Euro 5)
- Fuel – 95ron Fuel tank – 60L
- Transmission – 8 sp auto
- Drive modes
- Launch Control
- Rack Mounted EPS
- MacPherson Struts FRONT, 5 link Multilink REAR
- Alloy Space Saver Spare
- 0m turning circle
- Weight: 2225kg
OPTIONS – $2,500 glass sunroof
Technology and features:
- 7” inst disp
- 8” LCD
- Smart boot
- Adaptive suspension
- Brembo brakes
- Nappa leather heated cooled seats, heater outer rear seats
- Carplay with 16 speaker Lexicon speakers by Harmon Premium, 660w amp
- Auto closing windows
- Climate with smart vent system
- 19” wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 4
- Launch control
- Brembo brakes with 4 piston monoblock callipers, 350” front discs
- Variable ration steering
- Electronic ontrol suspension
- Coasting mode Automatic
- 5 Star ANCAP (2018)
- Bendy LED headlights
- 7 airbags
- Blind spot including
- Rear cross traffic alert
- High beam assist
- Lane keep assist (including road edge)
- Smart AEB (car/ledestrian/lane change)
- Active lift bonnet
Home test drives
5yr warranty/ roadside assist, Free Scheduled maintenance plan including consumables
Concierge pickup/ delivery including courtesy car
Genesis connected assistant
Smartphone app will:
- Remote start engine
- Remote door locking
- Remote hazard flasher
- Remote climate control
- Emergency assist messaging to genesis or family and freidns
- Accident assit logging
- Servicing alert
- Roadside assist shows location/phone number to breakdown service provers
- Geo-fencing alert
- Theft control mode
- Valet alert
- Owner driving analysis (driving habits, scores)
- Eco driving (fuel efficiency rating, consumption) improvement status
- Vehicle health check (report on faults detected by type, time, date)
- Tyre pressure and battery status
- Safe driving (rapid acceleration/hard braking) improvement status
- Real-time weather (based on vehicle location)
- Display of Genesis Studio network (select preferred Studio)
- Access Genesis Customer Care (user view FAQs, User Guide)
- Log private and business trips for record keeping
- Vehicle parked location on map (based on GPS)
- Vehicle parking time alert notification
- Fuel finder (locate cheapest fuel closest to location, receive fuel discounts)
- Social sharing (best trips with family/friends on social media)
- Share vehicle location to family/friends
Customers receive the first five years of features as part of their new G70 purchase. After this time period, they can pay a small monthly subscription and continue to receive these features and benefits.
For more details on Genesis Connected Services, please visit genesis.com.