The exhilarating Audi RS 3 Sportback will finally land ‚wheels down‘ on Australian shores in October 2015, with a pricetag that is as sharp as its prodigous performance. At just $78,900 MLP, the first-ever RS 3 Sportback to land in Australia will also be the most affordable RS model Audi has ever introduced.
“The new Audi RS 3 Sportback delivers uncompromising performance,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia Pty Ltd.
“With its imposing stance on the road, astonishingly good dynamics and distinctively ‘Audi Sport’ five-cylinder engine, the new RS 3 will undoubtedly make a strong mark on the local hot hatch scene. The sharp pricing and specification we’ve negotiated will ensure that this long-awaited performance model will find the success it deserves in this competitive market,” said Mr Doyle.
The RS 3 Sportback is powered by Audi’s award-winning 2.5 TFSI 5-cylinder engine, developing 270kW and 465Nm. In conjunction with the sporty 7-speed S tronic transmission and special RS-tuned quattro all-wheel drive system, the RS 3 will demolish 100km/h from rest in an incredible 4.3 seconds.
Befitting such a high-end performance model, the new RS 3 Sportback arrives with a generous list of standard equipment. Highlights include:
- LED headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: parking assist with rear view camera
- 19-inch alloy wheels in 5-arm rotor design
- ‘RS’ specific front and rear bumpers, side sill trims and diffuser insert
- ‘RS’ tuned sports suspension
- ‘RS’ sports exhaust system with dual oval tailpipes
- ‘RS’ sport front seats with electric lumbar support
- Digital Radio reception (DAB+)
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather/Alcantara wrapped multifunction 3-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel with aluminium shift paddles
- Audi Side Assist
- Anti-theft alarm
- Convenience key
(Manufacturer List Pricing [MLP] – excludes dealer delivery and government statutory charges)
RS 3 Sportback 2.5 TFSI quattro S tronic 270kW $78,900