The all-new Honda Accord Sport Hybrid has touched down in Australia; the first of a new generation of hybrid powertrains from the global Earth Dreams Technology series.
“The Accord Sport Hybrid is the first vehicle in Australia that features our all-new hybrid powertrain,” said Honda Australia Director, Mr. Stephen Collins. “Honda’s advanced technology delivers exceptional performance with outstanding fuel economy, ensuring our customers can have the best of both worlds.
“The Accord Sport Hybrid further demonstrates Honda’s commitment to petrol-electric hybrid powertrains as a critical technology for reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions,” Mr. Collins said.
The Accord Sport Hybrid’s powertrain is called Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive or i-MMD and is able to seamlessly switch between three drive modes: electric, hybrid and petrol engine only.
It combines a newly-developed engine dedicated to hybrid vehicles, an electric CVT coupled with two built-in motors, lock-up clutch and high-efficiency lithium-ion battery.
The Accord Sport Hybrid’s design offers the roomy interior of a premium sedan while helping the advanced hybrid system achieve superior driving dynamics without compromising on fuel efficiency.
Utilising Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology, the Accord Sport Hybrid is designed to deliver outstanding fuel efficiency and fun-to-drive performance. As with its petrol cousin, the Accord Sport Hybrid features Honda’s state-of-the-art safety technology, the Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS).
The Accord Sport Hybrid has a Manufacturer’s List Price of $58,990 (excluding on-road costs).
- 2.0 litre DOHC four cylinder engine that works with the two-motor hybrid system to deliver combined power of 146kW and 307Nm of torque
- Fuel consumption of 4.6 litres per 100 km and 107 grams of CO2 per km
- 18 inch alloy wheels
- Acoustic Alert System
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Active Cornering Lights
- Electric sunroof
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Rain-sensing auto front wipers
- Keyless entry with push button start
- Eco Assist
- Leather-appointed seats
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity
- In-built satellite navigation system
- Honda’s LaneWatch blind spot monitoring system
- Multi-angle reversing camera
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)