Jeep Wave – We recently chatted about the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and how it is almost unmatched in its standard 4WD capability. The legendary off-road performance is well documented.
As many listeners will know the first vehicle, I ever drove is a WW2 Jeep on the farm. This is a vehicle we still have and are in the process of restoring it to working condition again for the farm.
I have a real affection for the Jeep. One that is shared by many others. Driving the Wrangler around the Jeep wave is noticeable. Every other jeep driver will wave to you. Now that’s something that is usual for all adventurers deep in the bush, but not around urban streets.
The feeling of community is huge. And as I discovered if you are driving a Rubicon, well its almost like you are royalty.
Owners of a Wrangler have shown that they dare to be different. They obviously are adventurous, but it goes deeper than that. It’s a sense of freedom that is rare these days.
I think that’s why I love the Wrangler so much. It offers a sense of community, the promise of more than the homogenised transport that so many cars provide these days. Long live the Jeep Wrangler
This is a Motoring Minute
I’m Rob Fraser
TO LISTEN TO THE JEEP WAVE RADIO REVIEW, CLICK BELOW
Some other Jeep Wrangler articles
- Jeep Rubicon Trail driven for 70 years
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon back for 2021
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Shorty returns to Australia
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Shorty returns to Australia
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door configuration returns
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Limited Editions
- JK Wrangler Golden Eagle and Freedom in Australia
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Review
- Jeep unveils the 2018 All New Wrangler
- Mopar-modified, all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler vehicles
- Jeep Wrangler X Limited Edition 2015 Review
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Model Review
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon10th Anniversary Model Review
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2.8L CRD 2013 Review
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Overland
- 2012 Jeep Wrangler Upgrade
- Mopar Jeep Wrangler Overland
- 2009 Jeep Wrangler Review– The Ultimate Off-road Vehicle
Radio Segments Motoring Minute
Motoring Minute is heard around Australia every day on over 50 radio channels through the Torque Radio network.
Motoring Minute has an average daily audience of over 550,000 listeners. They are also syndicated through various news sites around Australia.
Additionally Motoring Minute is also broadcast as part of Overdrive Radio Program. This can be found weekly on the Community Radio Network across Australia.